- I am a member of the Midwest Tool Collector’s Association and was the author of their one-time patent searching page now archived here.
- I am a member of the Patent Information Users Group piug.org
- I became interested in patent searching after finding an antique tool with a patent date on it. I thought how hard could it be to find the patent? It turned out to be pretty hard (spoiler alert: the patent was actually for the thumbscrew!) The tool is shown on this page. My post about it on a woodworking forum is here.
- I became interested in trademarks while researching a patented and trademarked tape measure.
- I became interested in Prints and Labels after seeing them referenced on Mike White’s excellent U.S. Trademark Number Guide
- I have a modest patent library.
- I am one of the two developers of datamp.org. It is a searchable online database of mostly tool related patents. It includes pictures and details of the tool’s manufacturer for the patents known to have been produced.
- I was the 2013 guest speaker at the Patent and Trademark Resource Center Association annual meeting at the patent office in Alexandria, Virginia. (see http://ptrca.org/node/396)