- I am a member of the Midwest Tool Collector's Association
and am the author of their
patent searching page.
- I am a member of the Patent Information Users Group
- I became interested in patent searching after finding an antique tool
with a patent date on it. I thought how hard could it be to find the patent?
It turned out to be pretty hard (spoiler alert: the patent was actually for the
thumbscrew!) The tool is
shown on this page.
My post about it on a woodworking forum is
- I became interested in trademarks while researching a patented and
trademarked tape measure.
- I became interested in Prints and Labels after seeing them referenced on
Mike White's excellent U.S. Trademark Number Guide
- I have a modest patent library.
- I am one of the two developers of datamp.org. It is
a searchable online database of mostly tool related patents. It includes pictures and details
of the tool's manufacturer for the patents known to have been produced.
- I was the 2013 guest speaker at the
Patent and Trademark Resource Center Association annual meeting at the patent office in Alexandria, Virginia. (see http://ptrca.org/node/396)
to contact me if you have questions about what's covered on my site. If you have other questions about
patents and/or the uspto I suggest you do what I do: use the contact page
on the association of
patent librarians website. I can't say enough good things about them - especially since they asked me to speak before them